time attendee? Returning after a long hiatus? Bringing a friend to new
to the world of West Coast Swing weekend events? Swing Fling now offers
a “Newcomer Welcome Program” to help you feel comfortable and taken
care of all weekend. The newcomer program includes a tailored workshop
track and individual attention to your needs at your very first
convention weekend. Swing Fling is a huge party where everyone is
The Welcome Program adds:
Register here for a "Party Pass" or pass of your choice and add the Free Welcome Program from the Workshops tab.
- Nine hours of skill-building L1 workshops, all included in your program at no extra charge & tailored just for this group
- Event orientation (Friday at 4pm)
- Social dance seminar full of strategies for maximum social dance FUN (Friday at 7pm)
warm-up session for anyone who chooses to enter the $1 Newcomer Jack
& Jill (1pm Saturday; you must register separately, in advance, for
expert teachers to guide you in the immersive learning of an event
weekend and rapidly expand your fluency in West Coast Swing
- Moderated practice sessions / small group open dancing (3 & 8pm Friday, 6pm Saturday)
- "Newcomer" seating area in the larger main ballroom for shows & social dancing
- A welcoming team of "dance ambassadors" ready to meet you, dance with you, and answer your questions all weekend long
- A cohort of other friendly event first-timers who can't wait to join you!
- Welcome to Swing Fling!
A facebook group
has been created for newcomers and dance ambassadors participating coming to Swing Fling 2017. It's a great place to ask
questions and let others know you will be there. For additional information about the Newcomer program coordinators: Tammy Davis & Kay Newhouse